Basketball is a very popular sport for boys in China. But do you know how to say basketball in Chinese? Today, I will teach you some common ball games in Mandarin language like basketball, soccer, volleyball, ping-pong, etc.
1. English: Basketball Chinese Character: 篮球 Pin Yin: lán qiú
2. English: Football Chinese Character: 足球 Pin Yin: zú qiú
3. English: volleyball Chinese Character: 排球 Pin Yin: pái qiú
4. English: ping-pong Chinese Character: 乒乓球 Pin Yin: pīng pāng qiú
5. English: badminton Chinese Character: 羽毛球 Pin Yin: yǔ máo qiú
6. English: bowl Chinese Character: 保龄球 Pin Yin: bǎo líng qiú
7. English: baseball Chinese Character: 棒球 Pin Yin: bàng qiú
8. English: billiards Chinese Character: 台球 Pin Yin: tái qiú
9. English: golf Chinese Character: 高尔夫球 Pin Yin: gāo ěr fū qiú
10. English: curling Chinese Character: 冰壶 Pin Yin: bīng hú
11. English: rugby Chinese Character: 橄榄球 Pin Yin: gǎn lǎn qiú
12. English: handball Chinese Character: 手球 Pin Yin: shǒu qiú
When you want to tell someone or ask someone to play balls, you can use 打（dǎ）before the balls.
Would you like to play basketball this weekend?
My favorite sport is playing football.